Direct Therapy in the Practice
In direct contact with my clients I choose to work in units of 50 minutes since this rhythm fits my own energy flow rather well. Other units of time are also possible. In the event of necessity as well as possible and desirable from my perspective, a session length of 1,5 X 50 minutes or 2,0 X 50 minutes may also be practical. (For example, in the event of more extended travel time involved in coming to Horsten, sessions of longer duration – perhaps with spaced out somewhat more – may be desirable.
Payment for therapy services is expected at the time of each session, including the first session. My therapy rate at the present time (15.11.2016) is 90, €/ session of 50 minutes duration.
The duration of therapy is dependent on the wishes of the client as well as the severity of the presenting problem. In general it is not productive for me to initiate a therapeutic process in less than 3 sessions.
Generally speaking, I am not available for direct therapy for several weeks each year. During this time I am either visiting my family in America or possible enjoying a Summer Sail in the North Sea or Baltic Sea. Both of these events are important for my own well being.
Bioenergetic Training Therapy or Bioenergetic Supervision are both possible in accordance to trainee wishes and possibilities. Bioenergetic Supervision/Consultation in relation to other treatment modalities is also possible.
If you have questions about therapeutic possibilities please contact me per email or telephone. (See the contact page of this website.)
In general, I find that initial email contact fits my communication possibilities rather well.
Live Video Therapy
Over the last several years the possibilities for Live Video Therapy per Internet have increased dramatically. In the meantime, a number of Therapists in Germany and other countries are offering this kind of therapy as part of their scope of therapeutic possibilities. This is an attractive alternative for therapeutic contact without the necessity of travelling to the practice location. A requirement for this kind of therapy is a stable Wireless Connection (WiFi) into a computer with the capability of both audio and video inputs (Cam and Microphone) into a program such as Skype or Face Time.
Preferably, the person seeking this kind of therapy will already have had some degree of experience with Skype or Face Time in contact with family, friends, children, grandchildren, etc. This prior experience, although preferable, is not absolutely necessary. Live Video Therapy can be requested in the following way:
1. Send me an email with a one page description of your problem and what you are looking for therapeutically. Include in this email the kind of Video Program that you have available, such as Skype or Face Time. Include at least two suggestions for possible times that would suit you to try a Video Therapy call to me. Also include the in this email the Username which you use in your program of choice. Send this email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. I will review your message and try to understand the problem and goals you are describing and develop a concept as to whether a Video Therapy could be useful to you.
3. Within three days of the initial email to me, expect to receive an email answer including my analysis as to whether a Video Therapy could be indicated and useful. Should a Video Therapy be indicated, I will include suggestions related to proceeding further. I will suggest one or two times for a short Trial Video Therapy contact. And I’ll also include some suggestions related to additional contacts, suggestions about frequency of contacts, length of therapy and my professional fees. UP TO THIS POINT THERE WILL BE NO COSTS INVOLVED.
4. If you chose to accept my proposals, you may transfer the professional fees into my bank account at this point. Here a PayPal account could be useful in order to facilitate the timely transfer of funds; useful but not absolutely necessary. We can begin the Video Therapy as soon as the transfer appears on my bank account.
5. My fees for direct therapy in my practice are currently 90, €/50 Minutes. When using the format of Live Video Therapy my costs are lower and consequently my fees for this service are also less, 75, €/50 Minutes.
6. An example of a proposed agreement for Live Video Therapy could appear as follows:
“In relation to the problem you are presenting, I can offer you an initial series of 3 Live Video sessions with a duration of 50 Minutes per session. These three sessions are best utilized over a time span of up to three weeks. My fees for these three sessions will be a total of 225, €. If you find it desirable to continue the therapy beyond the agreed upon three sessions, this will be possible based on a mutual agreement”.
7. Live Video Therapy, though effective, may not be as effective as direct contact between therapist and client in the practice. In the event that, in the course of the therapy, I become convinced that Live Video Therapy is not a viable modality for your problem, I will make an alternative suggestion such as coming into the practice for a few sessions or, should the distance to the practice prove excessive, looking for an alternate therapist in your area.
Email Therapy can be an effective method to utilize in difficult life situations. Sometimes relative short email exchanges, including an intensive exchange of ideas at a deeper level of understanding, can lead to a paradigm shift and consequently a new concept about how to progress further with one’s problem.
1. Write me per computer/ email one page of information about your problem and your wishes in relation to Email Therapy. Send this to my email address: email@example.com
2. I will read your comments and take the necessary time in an attempt to understand your problem and to consider carefully whether an Email Therapy with me could be useful.
3. Within the next three days following receipt of your initial query, I will send you my suggestions in relation to further Email Therapy. In the event that I can imagine it could be useful, I will send you some suggestions about how we could proceed further. These ideas will include some comments about a proposed frequency of email contact, some thoughts about which total timeframe could be considered, and a word about my professional fees for the proposed therapy. UP TO THIS POINT THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES FOR MY INITIAL ANALYSIS AND PROPOSAL.
4. Should you decide to accept my proposal, the next step would be to transfer the money for my fees into my bank account. A PayPal account could be useful here in order to transfer funds very quickly, but this is not absolutely necessary. As soon as the monies have been transferred and appear on my account, we can proceed with the Email Therapy.
5. The possibility exists of exchanging emails over a secure-coded Email Server. Should this be interesting for you, I’ll be glad to explain how we can set up this email exchange system.
6. My normal working rate for Direct Therapy in my Practice at this time is 90, €/50 Minutes. In the event of Email Therapy my costs are somewhat lower and my professional rate is less: 60, €/50 Minutes.
7. An example of an Email Therapy proposal could appear as follows:
“In relation to the problem you have presented to me, I would like to offer you an exchange of 6 emails; of these 6 emails, 3 would be from you to me and the remaining 3 from me to you. My suggestion is that this exchange begins immediately and concludes within three weeks from now. My total professional fees for the above email exchanges will be 150, €. Should you experience a need for more contact to me, this will be possible through a new mutual agreement.”
8. Email Therapy, though effective, may not be as effective as direct contact between therapist and client in the practice. In the event that, in the course of the therapy, I become convinced that Email Therapy is not a viable modality for your problem, I will make an alternative suggestion such as coming into the practice for a few sessions or, should the distance to the practice prove excessive, looking for an alternate therapist in your area.